[postgis-users] Create trigger latitude and longitude

Ben Madin ben at ausvet.com.au
Thu Sep 21 22:57:54 PDT 2017

Rafael,

I'd probably question why you need to do this, but it is just a routine
INSERT/UPDATE AFTER trigger function. The answers you seek are probably
covered in https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/triggers.html

I'm presuming you know how to get the x and y coordinates for a point...

cheers

Ben

On 12 September 2017 at 17:48, Rafael Reis <rafaelreis2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a table of point type, and whenever i insert a point I want
> latitude and longitude (EPSG:4326) to appear in a text field of this table,
> in decimal degrees. Can anyone tell me how I should create a trigger for
> this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rafael

Dr Ben Madin
Managing Director

m : +61 448 887 220 t : +61 8 9336 5022

e : ben at ausvet.com.au

Level 2 / 10 High Street, Fremantle
Western Australia

on the web: www.ausvet.com.au

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this email are the opinion of the
writer only and are not endorsed by Ausvet unless expressly stated
otherwise. Although Ausvet uses virus scanning software we do not accept
liability for viruses or similar in any attachments. Thanks for reading.