[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.4.0 release around 9/29

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Sep 22 07:19:29 PDT 2017

> Hi,

> On Thu, 2017-09-21 at 13:49 -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
>>  So I don't have to retag with a different name, I'd probably put the
>>  pre- release tag not in the official location.
>> Will that be okay?

> That is perfect. If you can upload the .pdf file, that would save great time.

> Regards,
> --
> Devrim G nd z
> EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

By pdf, you mean the manual?  Sure I can provide that ahead of time.

On a related note, this is the first version of PostGIS where we have enough translation done to also provide some translations.
I'm planning to provide for Japanese, German, Portugese, and Korean.

Japanese is 96% complete -- anyone want to help with getting that into PDF format,  I have the html but PDF using DbLatex comes out all garbled can't figure out how to get the right font thing in there.
Any help appreciated.

Next is German 85% complete (all the core pieces are in there actually) so I'll provide this one in html and PDF no problem.
Followed by Portugese  84% complete.

Finally Korean at 80% completion.  I've got the same issue with Korean, html looks fine, PDF is garbled when I can generate at all.

Thanks,
Regina