[postgis-users] splitting a linestring with points

Olivier Leprêtre o.lepretre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:48:22 PST 2018

Hi,

I want to break a linestring into linestrings by breaking it with a set of
points along this line. This appeared easy at first but finally, I tried
using st_split(line, set of points) but this returns multilinestrings when I
just wants linestrings. I tried several functions like st_dump,
st_geometryN, stcollectionextract and so on after st_split but did not find
how could I get only rows of linestring splitted by the points acting like
blades on the first linestring.

Thanks for any help,

Olivier

---