[postgis-users] splitting a linestring with points

Olivier Leprêtre o.lepretre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 04:56:10 PST 2018

Hi, thanks for your answers,

I didn't interpret well what st_split would do, I thought st_split(line, set of n points) would returns n+1 set of lines segments but in fact it returns 2 n lines, input line being cut n times. So I have to search another way, likely as Nicolas suggested with st_lineLocatePoint and st_lineSubstring, or using st_split one point at a time.

Olivier