[postgis-users] Can gdal VSICURL_STREAMING file system be used for an out db postgis raster?

Nikolai Bezdna mofoyoda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:36:42 PDT 2018

I’d like to define a raster in my postgis database from an external file on a FTP server. There’s not much info on the topic, but seems like this can be done by enabling out db rasters and using a VSICURL gdal driver to connect to initial data.
I’m wondering if a streaming fs version can be used for this case?
In general, the process of connecting to raster files is not as simple and straightforward as, say, ogr_fdw extension for external vector data so it’d be great if anyone can point to any documentation.