[postgis-users] Sample - Points into Polygons

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Fri May 25 14:41:48 PDT 2018

Hi,

I see two ways to address your problem.

First step, by area, calculate expected number of points in polygon.

Then, depending on quality/speed tradeoff,

fast: for each polygon you make ST_GeneratePoints, and for each point take
1 closest point using KNN query, then apply DISTINCT to filter duplicates.

with some eyecandy guarantees: take KMeans of all the points in polygon
with K you calculated. In each cluster, take ST_GeometricMedian. Take point
from each cluster closest to cluster center.

сб, 26 мая 2018, 00:26 карыстальнік Vispo Leblanc <vispoleblanc at gmail.com>
напісаў: