[postgis-users] On UpdateGeometrySRID() performance

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Nov 1 09:54:43 PDT 2018

Also, if you created an index during your import process, that'll also make
your update slower.
I usually skip bulk updates in favour of writing a fresh table with the
stuff I want..

CREATE TABLE mynewtable AS SELECT ST_SetSRID(geom, 4326) AS geom, ... FROM
myoldtable

That generally writes as fast as is possible though still only single
threaded.