[postgis-users] postgis-users Digest, Vol 201, Issue 1

Simon Norris snorris at hillcrestgeo.ca
Thu Nov 1 14:11:36 PDT 2018

You could also consider loading your csv with ogr2ogr, that should allow you to set the correct SRID on load.
ogr should use the fast PG_USE_COPY option by default.
If that works well and your data allows it, you could try more optimization by splitting it up with ogr2ogr's -sql option - and run the load in parallel jobs, something like noted here: http://longwayaround.org.uk/notes/loading-postgis/ <http://longwayaround.org.uk/notes/loading-postgis/>.  Syntax for `parallel` on the single file might be tricky, I'd probably use python's multiprocessing module.