[postgis-users] Geometry problems

Daniel Baston dbaston at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 06:43:31 PDT 2018

Plugging the WKT directly into JTS TestBuilder shows that
equals=false, even if you paste the same WKT for both inputs. The
geometry is invalid, but I would have expected Geometry.equals() to
report a correct answer or throw an exception.

PostGIS 2.2+ should return 'true' in this case, because it does a
memcmp before ever sending the geometry to GEOSEquals.

Dan