[postgis-users] WMS Renders Differently than GWC?

Aaron Edwards aedwards at b3insight.com
Fri Oct 12 16:07:22 PDT 2018

We are showing US States using GWC.

When the user selects a state, we show a "selected polygon" layer on top of it:

https://b3insight.com/Content/Images/US.png

As you can see from the image, the yellow Highlighted WMS layer is incorrectly rendering on top of the red GWC layer of states.

Both are the same layer in Geoserver.  The layer has two styles available: the thin red line and the thicker yellow line.

We are rendering it once with plain GWC, and once as a WMS layer (with a filter on it to only show the selected state).

Both the GWC and WMS layers are in Google Maps, which is requesting 256 x 256 tiles.

BTW this only happens at lower zoom levels.  As you zoom in, the two line up better until they completely overlap at about zoom level 7.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron