[postgis-users] Upgrading from 1.5

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Aug 13 08:43:37 PDT 2019

Nope, your version is so very old that you’ll have to do some work on it. You’re going to have to dump your database, filter out the postgis-specific parts, and then reload it into your new database, the so-called “hard upgrade” process: http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html#hard_upgrade <http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html#hard_upgrade>

If your database isn’t too large it won’t be too onerous. And you can do it in “one step”, in that the process is: dump, filter dump file, install brand new software, load filtered dump file. No need to traverse intermediate versions or anything fiddly like that.

ATB,