[postgis-users] Is there a MapInfo to PostGIS/PostgreSQL loader?

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 09:53:54 PDT 2019

Shao -

If you want to visualize spatial data in a Postgres/PostGIS database
using MapInfo as the viewing program you have to:

  * Create a schema / table in : *MAPINFO.MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG. *
  * Populate it with information about your spatial tables in the
    Postgres database. It contains approximately the same information
    that's stored in the normal *public.geometry_columns* view plus some
    extra MapInfo specific information.

MapInfo uses this table to get information about the different spatial
tables in the database, so it has to be present and populated with the
correct information.

If you use OGR2OGR to upload spatial data to Postgres, OGR2OGR
*won't***create or populate the *MAPINFO.MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG* meta-table
for you. However,  the Easyloader upload program is capable of that.
Finally, you can create and populate the *MAPINFO.MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG*
table manually.

You can download the Easyloader program from the Pitney Bowes MapInfo
Web site (Free download)

I suggest you read (and understand) the following article from the
MapInfo knowledge base:
http://support.pitneybowes.com/VFP05_KnowledgeWithSidebarHowTo?id=kA180000000PNiiCAG

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards