[postgis-users] Problems with installing postgis in windows

paul.malm at lfv.se paul.malm at lfv.se
Wed Feb 27 02:02:43 PST 2019

Hi,
I've tried to install Postgis for windows (postgis-bundle-pg11x64-setup-2.5.1-1.exe) with PostgreSQL11.
But I receive this message at the end of the installation:
ERROR:  could not open extension control file "C:/POSTGR~1/pg11/../pg11/share/postgresql/extension/postgis.control": No such file or directory

Then I down loaded the zip file and copied the postgis.control to this directory and tried to install again.

This time I got this error message instead at the end of the installation:
ERROR:  extension "postgis" has no installation script nor update path for version "2.5.1"

Has anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Paul