[postgis-users] Calculating driving distance/times

Anthony DeBarros adebarros at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:17:57 PST 2019

Hi, everyone. Longtime lurker, first-time poster here ...

Let's say I have a collection of several thousand U.S. locations in the
U.S. geocoded by lat/long.

I'd like to perform an analysis that lets me visualize places in the U.S.
that have none of these locations within a certain driving distance. For
example, if I had a collection of locations of fast-food restaurants, I
would like to show all the places in the U.S. that have no fast-food within
100 miles.

Are there tools PostGIS, QGIS, others or methodologies you'd recommend?

Thanks,
Anthony