[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 Shapefile and DBF Loader

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Mar 22 11:12:47 PDT 2019

Carson,

Do you compile your own PostGIS or you get from a distribution.  We still have shp2pgsql-gui in PostGIS code base, and I still ship it as part of the Windows EDB builds.

Unfortunately pgAdmin4 plugin architecture changed from pgAdmin3 days, so shp2gpsql-gui cannot work as a plugin under pgAdmin4.

I took it out of our upcoming PostGIS In Action book we are doing because of that and hoping we'll have a replacement for it soon that piggy backs on shp2pgsql commandline.