[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 Shapefile and DBF Loader

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Mar 22 13:43:33 PDT 2019

Carson,

You'd need shp2pgsql-gui installed (and pgAdmin3 didn't come with that).  That always got packaged with the desktop distributions that included PostGIS.

All pgAdmin3 really helped you with was prefilling the connection info, which turned out to be more convenient than I thought.  It's amazing how lazy I've become.

If you can find where the shp2pgsql-gui binary is installed on your system you can launch it directly and then click the "View connection details" and fill in the information that pgAdmin3 would so conveniently fill in for you.