[postgis-users] Error installing PostGIS on agensdb

David Haynes haynesd2 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 09:15:21 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm running into an error trying to enable the postgis extension on AgensDB
(a fork of PostgreSQL). My setup is on a windows machine, PSQL 10.4. I have
done this sucessfully once before, but I am unable to replicate it on my
new machine.

The process I used is the following. I downloaded the precompiled windows
binaries (postgis-bundle-pg10x64-setup-2.5.1-1.exe) and executed it within
the agens directory successfully, but it still errors. The error below is
strange because the file exists within the directory.

agens -p 5433 -U agens -c "CREATE EXTENSION postgis"
ERROR:  could not load library "C:/AgensGraph-2.1.0/lib/rtpostgis-2.5.dll":
The specified module could not be found.