[postgis-users] PostgreSQL 12 for Windows - Stack Builder has no spatial extensions

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 12:44:44 PDT 2019

The Postgres/PostGIS combo can work on even a "smallish" laptop, i.e 4
GB Ram, Core i3 CPU ..

That's because the Postgres install is very "conservative" i.e is not
hogging many memory/cpu ressources if you simply make a default install.

Actually my "normal" setup in teaching university level GIS - both basic
GIS and advanced spatial SQL is to have the students install QGIS,
Postgres and PostGIS on their own laptops (which is a mixture of
Windows, Mac and a few Linux pc's).

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen