[postgis-users] Is there a MapInfo to PostGIS/PostgreSQL loader?

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Sun Sep 1 03:28:35 PDT 2019

Dear Shao,

I notice you have been asking a great many questions on this forum. That is great because it means you are interested in and want to learn about PostGIS.

However, I would advise you to also do a bit of searching and learning on your own, especially in basic database technology. Otherwise people might get tired of explaining everything...

You e.g. now state "In postgis, the term schema is prominent, but it is not well explained or used " – It is explained very well in may places, schema is a concept central to any database, and you can find loads on information, just a search on "database schema" finds useful info such as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_schema

yours,
Barend Köbben

On 31/08/2019, 22:58, "postgis-users on behalf of Shaozhong SHI" <postgis-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:postgis-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of shishaozhong at gmail.com<mailto:shishaozhong at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,
Interesting.
Surely, the fundamental is how the data is stored in postgresql and how it is accessed.

If you come across more detailed articles, please let me know.

In postgis, the term schema is prominent, but it is not well explained or used.
Regards,
Shao