[postgis-users] gdal version with PostGIS

Devrim Gündüz devrim at gunduz.org
Tue Sep 10 02:48:14 PDT 2019

Hi,

On Mon, 2019-09-02 at 07:36 +0000, Lars Aksel Opsahl wrote:
> Whats the policy for build scripts for postgis for new versions of gdal?
>
> When I installed with yum on Centos 7 (X86), I got GDAL 2.3.2

I often try to pick up the latest versions in the PostgreSQL community
repositories, but GDAL is one of the exceptions. Upgrading it involves lots of
packages, including dependencies like ogdi, and it will take more time that I
ever thought.

It is on my list. See:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commitdiff;h=e1772592e8dbf148c43dcdaf3463bed3b7ede308

I already pushed a WIP version.

In the last couple of weeks, I spent more than 100 hours for GIS RPMs, making
them stable on our repo and EPEL 8 as well. I hope GDAL 3.0 won't be that far
away.

-HTH

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer