[postgis-users] PostGIS Install

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Apr 7 13:44:40 PDT 2020

Which link are you talking about?  The PostGIS one doesn't reach to download
anything else.

I think the PostgreSQL 12 might reach out to download VS Runtime if you
don't have it, I forget which runtime it uses I think VS 2015-2019 runtime.
But I'm not sure of that.

If you use the application stack builder installed via PostgreSQL 12, it
will reach out to download PostGIS, but you don't need to go thru
application stackbuilder

All application stackbuilder does is download the files posted in
https://download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows/ for your version of PostgreSQL.

(which is also posted here - https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/postgis/ )

You can just install it directly without going thru application builder if
you know what version of PostgreSQL you are running.

Hope that helps,

Regina