[postgis-users] ERROR: invalid regular expression: parentheses () not balanced

Thiemo Kellner thiemo at gelassene-pferde.biz
Thu Dec 17 04:55:21 PST 2020

  Hi David

I suppose pao_text needs to contain valid regular expression as value
in every records of the table. You might want to inspect all those
records containing at least one ( or ). If pao_text is not a column of
the table, well you need to inspect its content, what ever it exactly
is.

Hope that helps

Thiemo

Quoting Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong at gmail.com>:

> I am doing the following:
>    select * from mytable where full_address ~* pao_text;
>
>    I keep getting this error.
>
>    But, I do the same thing with other columns and found no problem.
>
>    I wonder what else could cause this problem.
>
>    Can anyone enlighten me?
>
>    Regards,
>
>    David
  S/MIME Public Key:
https://oc.gelassene-pferde.biz/index.php/s/eJuAUFONag6ofnH
Signal (Safer than WhatsApp): +49 1578 7723737
Threema (Safer than WhatsApp): A76MKH3J
Handys: +41 78 947 36 21 | +49 1578 772 37 37