[postgis-users] PostGIS on a shared hosting

Jeff Norville jeff at jnorville.com
Fri Feb 21 01:17:49 PST 2020

Hi Zo,

Does O2Switch give you command line access to your postgresql instance
(psql)? I installed the combo on AWS a few years ago following the general
installation guides ... but you do need to verify the database version and
permissions to other standard directories to avoid surprises. For example
you don't technically need the GDAL libraries if you aren't working with
rasters - which reduces the installation footprint.

https://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html#install_short_version

Bien à vous
Jeff