[postgis-users] ST_CreateTopoGeo

paul.malm at lfv.se paul.malm at lfv.se
Fri Feb 28 02:35:48 PST 2020

Thanks, Sandro!
It worked with your LOOP! Great!
The problem I can see on the result (I'm simplifying country polygons) is that the large polygon of Finland, Germany, Italy and Egypt is missing.
I've tried to change the different tolerances (Simplify tolerance and your loop snap-tolerance). If I use simplifying tolerance 2500 m the missing polygons are there, but not when using 5000 m. The countries included in the  original layer is from Sweden, Norway and Finland down to Jordan, Egypt, Libya and Tunisia.
Ref sys =WGS 84_UTM-33N

If you have the time and want to look at the SQL sequence, here it is;
Thank you,
Paul

CREATE TABLE "simple_countries2nd" as (
       SELECT "NAME_ZH", "OGR_STYLE", fid, (st_dump(the_geom)).*
       FROM "countries2nd");

CREATE INDEX "simple_countries2nd_geom_gist" ON "simple_countries2nd" USING gist(geom);

ALTER TABLE "simple_countries2nd" ADD COLUMN simple_geom geometry(POLYGON, 32633);

SELECT topology.CreateTopology('topo1', 32633);

DO $$
DECLARE
  rec RECORD;
BEGIN
  FOR rec in SELECT "NAME_ZH", "OGR_STYLE", "fid", (ST_Dump(the_geom)).geom FROM "countries2nd"
  LOOP
    BEGIN
      IF GeometryType(rec.geom) = 'POLYGON' THEN
         PERFORM topology.TopoGeo_AddPolygon('topo1', rec.geom, 400);
      ELSIF GeometryType(rec.geom) = 'LINESTRING' THEN
        PERFORM topology.TopoGeo_AddLinestring('topo1', rec.geom, 400);
      ELSIF GeometryType(rec.geom) = 'POINT' THEN
        PERFORM topology.TopoGeo_AddPoint('topo1', rec.geom, 400);
      END IF;
    EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN
      RAISE WARNING 'For geometry % we got exception % (%)', rec.id, SQLERRM, SQLSTATE;
    END;
  END LOOP;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

SELECT topology.CreateTopology('topo2', 32633);

SELECT topology.ST_CreateTopoGeo('topo2', "the_geom")
FROM (
       SELECT ST_Collect(st_simplifyPreserveTopology(geom, 5000)) as "the_geom"
       FROM topo1.edge_data
) AS foo;

with simple_face AS (
       SELECT topology.st_getFaceGeometry('topo2', face_id) as "the_geom"
       FROM topo2.face
       WHERE face_id > 0
) UPDATE "simple_countries2nd" d SET geom = sf."the_geom"
FROM simple_face sf
WHERE st_intersects(d.geom, sf."the_geom")
AND st_area(st_intersection(sf."the_geom", d.geom))/st_area(sf."the_geom") > 0.5;