[postgis-users] How to apply PostGIS spatial functionality on Feature classes in Enterprise GeoDB for Postgres?

John Zhang johnzhang06 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 13:01:33 PDT 2020

Dear PostGISers,

I have a need to perform certain spatial analysis to develop a stored
function on a Feature Class(FC) using pl/pgSQL. The FCs use a Shape field
to store spatial data. How can I apply PostGIS functionality on these
FCs, for example, obtain a list of road segments of a known segment? Do I
have to turn the FCs into spatial tables? If yes, will there be any
negative impact on regular ArcGIS functionality?

Your input will be much appreciated. Thank you!

--
Yours sincerely,

John Zhang