[postgis-users] How to apply PostGIS spatial functionality on Feature classes in Enterprise GeoDB for Postgres?

Simon Greener simon at spatialdbadvisor.com
Mon Jun 29 15:26:18 PDT 2020

John,

Regina points to something that needs resolving before you start.

What is the data type of the SHAPE column?

If it is PostGIS's geometry/geography you can read and process it using pl/pgSql directly.

If it is something like sde.ST_Geometry you need to construct a PostGIS geometry from it using ESRI's ST_AsText method and PostGIS's ST_GeomFromText.

Regards
Simon

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​