[postgis-users] Running raster2pgsql on AWS

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jun 30 09:54:02 PDT 2020

What platform are you on?  If you are on windows, you could just copy the binaries from one of the zip files.

For Linux I think the builds tend to be less self-contained as they package a lot more dependencies so hard to copy just what you need.

Right now we don’t have a mechanism to just installed the postgis commandlines without PostGIS, but hoping we can detangle that better in PostGIS 3.1 so it’s easier for packagers to offer a postgis command line package that doesn’t include PostgreSQL service.

You can also compile your own PostGIS and just copy the raster2pgsql / gdal/ libpq files.

Hope that helps,

Regina