[postgis-users] Postgis extension

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jun 30 14:18:25 PDT 2020

Which system are you connecting from?  Sounds like whatever system you are
using is designed to work with spatial tables. Like as I recall I think
ArcMap uses PostgreSQL ODBC driver.

There isn't any reason otherwise why you should be having issue connecting
to a non-spatial table.  I connect via SQL Server and MS Access all the time
even when I have spatial tables in my database.  There isn't even any reason
why a system would check geometry_columns unless it's designed to work with
spatial data.

Hope that helps,

Regina