[postgis-users] ST_CreateTopoGeo

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Mar 4 06:21:18 PST 2020

[ please keep postgis-users in the loop ]

On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 02:01:37PM +0000, paul.malm at lfv.se wrote:
> Thanks Sandro!
> I understand a bit more now, I'm quite new at this.
> And I have no idea how to:
> --> Instead, you'll want to make sure each and every face is assigned to one (and only one, if you want to avoid overlaps) final geometry.

It's just SQL foo :)

Had you considered using toTopoGeom instead of ST_CreateTopoGeo ?
The former would automatically create the TopoGeometry objects
for you (although it won't prevent the same face being assigned
to multiple TopoGeometry objects).

But you could do the simplification after creating the topology for
the full dataset (which should reduce the odds of overlaps):
https://strk.kbt.io/blog/2013/03/08/on-the-fly-simplification-of-topologically-defined-geometries/

--strk;