[postgis-users] Rain sensor --- Interpolation -- RASTER -- IDW

Giuseppe Broccolo g.broccolo.7 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 13:22:17 PDT 2020

Hi Acaymo,

In some way, it is expected: the algorithm needs to loop on all the pixels
for the interpolation,
and this can be time consuming in case of large rasters, specially if you
consider that st_invdistweight
is a function implemented in PL/pgSQL.

Anyway, did you consider to split the raster in tiles, and run the
interpolation on the single tiles?

Hope this can help,
Giuseppe.