[postgis-users] Broken installs for PostGIS for Ubuntu 20.04LTS / Focal?

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Wed May 13 05:51:01 PDT 2020

Thanks for the response Tom, but could you be a bit more specific?

What do you mean with "Same problem with qgis"? Do you mean you've also
encountered a "undefined symbol: GEOSMakeValid" error related to the
"postgis-3.so" library when trying to use some tool in QGIS?

I have installed PostgreSQL 12 and PostGIS 3.0.1 via Synaptic on Ubuntu
20.04 (Focal) and use CREATE EXTENSION (via pgAdmin4), when I encounter
the error.

Marco