[postgis-users] Problem raster2pgsql on Centos 8 - postgres 12 / postgis 2.5

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Nov 4 14:05:22 PST 2020

Sounds from the below thread the issue is with proj and the interaction with
GDAL.

Can both of you let me know what the output of

SELECT postgis_full_version()l

Gives - and also do an

ldd raster2pgsql

ldd postgis-2.5.so  #probably need to specify full path

There have been many changes in proj and while we patched it in for general
postgis vector use in 3.0, 3.1+

Depending on you mix of GDAL version and Proj.  Those 2 might be
incompatible.

GDAL < 3  should ideally be using a Proj < 6

GDAL > 3 should be using proj >= 6  and by extension so should PostGIS.
Both PostGIS and GDAL should be using the same version of proj otherwise bad
things happen.

raster2pgsql on Centos 8 - postgres 12 / postgis 2.5

>Hi ,

>I have a problem with rasterpgsql with all file geotiff.

>On a server Centos 7 / Postgres 9.5 / postgis 2.5 :

>/usr/pgsql-9.5/bin/raster2pgsql -b 1 -I -C -F -t 50x50 -s 2154
filename.geotiff tablename > script.sql       : it's OK.

>On a server Centos 8 / Postgres 12 / postgis 2.5 : (with the same geotiff
file)

>                /usr/pgsql-12/bin/raster2pgsql -b 1 -I -C -F -t 50x50 -s
2154 filename.geotiff tablename > script.sql         : error

>The script.sql file is not completed and the error is :

>                free(): invalid pointer

>Abandon (core dumped)

>I search on the web but nobody give solution (except work on Centos 7 L)

>Thanks for advance.

>Alain.

Here is some info for the same problem related but for Postgis 3.0

<https://www.postgresql-archive.org/free-invalid-pointer-when-to-dumping-dat
a-to-a-new-server-td6159235.html>
https://www.postgresql-archive.org/free-invalid-pointer-when-to-dumping-data
-to-a-new-server-td6159235.html