[postgis-users] Parallel spatial indexing for GiST?

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Wed Sep 16 14:24:11 PDT 2020

Thanks Peter,

That certainly looks promising, and it is heartening to see real work
already being done, although there appears to be no mention of Polygon
type data being tested as well, but I don't know if geometry type is
actually relevant to developing a faster GiST (spatial) index build.
Probably not.

10x improvement would be great... love to see that land in PostgreSQL 13!

Marco