[postgis-users] GEOS 3.9 update for Ubuntu 20.04?

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Sun Apr 11 02:00:28 PDT 2021

Hi,

Does anyone know when GEOS will be updated to 3.9 on Ubuntu 20.04? On my
machine, it is still stuck on an outdated 3.8.0 version, so not even a
bugfix release... PostGIS is at version 3.1.1, so could take advantage
of the new functionalities of GEOS 3.9, if it were available on Ubuntu.

I would prefer not having to manually update it, but rather get it from
the Canonical maintained Ubuntu repository.

Marco