[postgis-users] Solar azimuth calculator

Bruce Rindahl bruce.rindahl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 08:03:13 PDT 2021

Why do you need it as a native function?  Even if it was it wouldn't be
available until PG 15/Postgis 3.3 at the earliest and then you would force
everyone to upgrade.  I think this function would work on PG 8.
Remember PG SQL is Turing complete.  This means anything you want to do can
be done in pure SQL. The only benefit of a native function is speed/memory.
I think a better idea is to add it to the users wiki
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiMain and promote that.