[postgis-users] Location of highest point in each region?

Jesper Kempe jesper.kempe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 23:34:42 PDT 2021

Hi

I have loaded a DEM dataset into a Postgis raster table. And a shapefile
with polygons for a number of regions into another table.

For a couple of days now I have been trying to extract the height and
location of the highest point in each of the regions. But I cannot find a
way to do it.

I am able to find the highest value in each region using ST_SummaryStats()
but not the location (coordinates) of that value.

Can anyone point me in the right direction how I should do this?
It must be possible to do this in Postgis right?

Thanks
Jesper