[postgis-users] OGR_FDW Question

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Mar 18 22:12:37 PDT 2021

What does your FOREIGN SERVER def look like

For PostgresQL 9.5 and above I usually do:

CREATE SCHEMA staging;
IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA ogr_all FROM  SERVER “geojsonfile” INTO staging;

So I don’t have to figure out layer names or table structure.  That should work here too.

Then once the layer name and table has been created, assuming it’s just one table, you can always rename it doing:

ALTER TABLE some_table RENAME to area;