[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Keep or drop Flatgeobuf in PostGIS 3.2.0

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:50:45 PST 2021

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 3:10 PM Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> 3) Given it is  demonstrated it can work fine with leaflet and openlayers
> means it is possible to hook it into something like
>
> https://github.com/CrunchyData/pg_featureserv
>
> as an alternative format to geojson (not saying you should Martin Davis –
> just throwing it out there J )

Agreed, and already thinking about doing this.  If it's built into PostGIS
this should be easy to do :).   It could be done even if it's not in
PostGIS, if there is a Go lib to do it (?).  But I prefer using
PostGIS-native formats.

Nice that it's in Leaflet and OpenLayers already.  That makes a pretty
solid case for supporting it.   And I'd be very interested in seeing what
the performance characteristics are.

Consider this a +1 for keeping it in.