[postgis-users] Errors with upgrading due to CVE CVE-2022-2625

Daniel Gustafsson daniel at yesql.se
Thu Aug 11 12:44:52 PDT 2022

> On 11 Aug 2022, at 18:39, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
>
>> This happens when running the tests for postgis 2.5.5 and 3.2.1.

> Is there a reason you are not using 3.2.2 ?
> https://postgis.net/2022/07/23/postgis-3.2.2/

I've now upgraded to 3.2.2 and the issue remains.  When building and running
make installcheck-upgrade against a 14.5 postgres cluster it fails with:

  NOTICE:  Packaging extension postgis
  ERROR:  function _postgis_deprecate(text,text,text) is not a member of extension "postgis"
  DETAIL:  An extension is not allowed to replace an object that it does not own.
  CONTEXT:  SQL statement "CREATE EXTENSION postgis SCHEMA public VERSION unpackaged;ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "3.2.2""
  PL/pgSQL function postgis_extensions_upgrade() line 71 at EXECUTE

Am I doing something wrong or is this a fallout from CVE-2022-2625?

To clarify from my previous email, I'm not upgrading from 2.5.5, I'm bulding
3.2.2 in isolation and running its tests.

--
Daniel Gustafsson		https://vmware.com/