[postgis-users] Using Weblate for translation for both postgis docs and postgis intro workshop

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jan 16 21:28:58 PST 2022

We sent out a note on transifex that we are no longer accepting
contributions there.

Weblate is now our tool for translations.
Anyone with an OSGeo account should be able to login and edit translations.

https://weblate.osgeo.org

If you'd like to help with translation of both postgis and postgis workshop,
and don't have an OSGeo account.
You can go here:  https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/create to get one

If you run into trouble registering, let me know.

If you would like to translate a language we don't have listed, lets us know
and we will consider adding it.

PostGIS Docs here:  https://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/  (I will be putting
a link at the top of each page with link to weblate and edit via pull
request once I figure out how to do that)

I have already done that for the PostGIS workshop files:
https://postgis.net/workshops/postgis-intro/

postgis-workshop that so far have user contributions are:

Spanish https://postgis.net/workshops/es/postgis-intro/

German https://postgis.net/workshops/de/postgis-intro/

Thanks,
Regina