[postgis-users] Big Data issue

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Thu Mar 17 13:37:57 PDT 2022

Hi,

Well, I guess it is not "best practice" to put a large number of
geometries into a single row..., in whatever format you are using to do
that.

That said, I remember I once ran into an issue with either ST_Collect or
ST_LineMerge, where PostgreSQL emitted an error about an array size
exceeding some 32k values, and the processing stopped right there. So
there may indeed be limitations to what PostgreSQL or PostGIS can
realistically handle in specific rare cases.

Marco