[postgis-users] Recursive query - ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1073741824

Shaozhong SHI shishaozhong at gmail.com
Sat May 7 17:50:34 PDT 2022

It is simply this recursive query.

Network Walking in PostGIS · Paul Ramsey (cleverelephant.ca)
<http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2010/07/network-walking-in-postgis.html>

It is not the issue of forever/endless loop.

It runs at a point where it stops.

This error turned up.- ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 1073741824

Now, I have put the following statement in the loop

If (select count(*) <2500 from primary_watercourse) then

The idea is to skip over too big tables that are generated.

It keeps running at the moment.

This memory allocation issue was encountered before.

I think that it does not like large data sets.

Regards,

David