[postgis-users] No extension

Simon SPDBA Greener simon at spdba.com.au
Thu Sep 29 15:53:56 PDT 2022

Regina,

> This I suppose could be a permission issue or search path one.

I used pgAdmin 4 to set the search_path parameter to "$user", public,
topology for all the databases.

Didn't seem to make a difference.

> Are you using the same account in QGIS to connect as you are in pgAdmin?

Yes, I believe so. All connections use the postgres user who owns all
the databases.

Are you connecting from QGIS PostGIS layers or via QGIS DBManager menu
option?

Both.

> If you haven’t tried DBManager, I would try that to see what tables
> you are able to see.  That should give you a clue if it’s a permission
> issue.

When I connection using DBManager to one of the databases (dfdb) in the
instance I still get the following message....

2022-09-30T08:35:24     WARNING Database connection was successful, but
the accessible tables could not be determined.

If I try to connect to another database in the same instance (gisdb) I get

FATAL: database "gisdb" does not exist.

Sorry if this is not that helpful.

regards

Simon