[postgis-users] PostGIS verse those in Azure Cloud

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 07:01:57 PDT 2023

> As compared with PostGIS spatial operations, what are the advantages and
disadvantages
> of various systems in Azure Cloud in terms of supporting further
development.

see:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/orbital/geospatial-reference-architecture

The Azure Cloud has many features related to GeoSpatial.
One small part of this is* "Azure Database for PostgreSQL* (+ PostGIS)."

However, migrating to Azure Cloud can mean different things.
If someone specifically means MS SQL Server, then it's not ideal for
PostGIS.   :-(

Regards,
 Imre

Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. aug. 30.,