[postgis-users] Repeat operations on 50 tables of the same schema?

celati Laurent laurent.celati at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 02:49:40 PST 2023

Good morning,
I am new to Postgresql. I have 50 tables into a "ign" schema (schema other
than public).
I would like for each of these 50 tables:

- Add a prefix to the name of the table: "IGN_bdTopo_"
- Add a suffix to the table name: "_V1"
- create a new "date" column of date type. And populate this field with the
value: 06/15/2021
- create a new "source" column of type varchar (length 50). And populate
this field with the value: 'ign'.
- move all the elements of these 50 tables (including all). from the "ign"
schema to the "ign_v2" schema. Whether data, constraints, indexes.

If someone could  help me? Thank you so much.