[postgis-users] Lidar & 3D data handling & processin with Postgis

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Mar 2 07:48:20 PST 2023

Wow looks like you have a lot of postgis related extensions there.  Pretty much the full list I am aware of.

The extension designed for storing point cloud data (LIDAR) are the pointcloud and pointcloud_postgis.
Pointcloud has all the pointcloud specific types and functions.  Pointcloud_postgis is mostly a bridge extension to allow switching between pcpatch / postgis geometry types.

The documentation pointcloud is here:

https://pgpointcloud.github.io/pointcloud/

Hope that helps,
Regina