[postgis-users] query formatting

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:13:55 PDT 2023

Hi,

I'm hoping for recommendations for a sql formatter that will handle postgis
operators like <-> or |=|.

I"m currently using SQL formatter from adpyk in vscode which is good
generally but doesn't handle anything from postgis particularly well.

Looking at that repo, it relies on sql-formatter from npm, which the repo
says is still supported but end of life, with bugs fixed but new
functionality not being added so I don't think I could get a PR in to
change that if I had the time.

For work reasons I probably can't switch away from vscode unfortunately,
but I could consider running the formatter in the linux terminal so maybe
that opens up the options enough to have a good one available.

Hugh