Proj4text is still working

José Carlos Martínez jomarlla at upv.es
Wed Apr 24 06:46:35 PDT 2024

Hi list

I am making some changes in proj4text of the spatial_ref_sys table, to
apply a transformation between datums (+towgs84).

It appears that PostGIS is not using the values from proj4text, and
instead is using the values from proj.db in the proj directory.

I would like to ask if proj4text values still take priority (as in
previous versions), with respect to proj.db?

I mean, the first place PostGIS looks at the values to perform a
coordinate transformation is still proj4text?

Thanks

Jose Martinez