linear reference/dynamic segmentation

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed May 8 07:56:04 PDT 2024

Not sure what you mean by dynamic attributes.

If you need something to position points along a line, so that you can put
an info tip on each point, they you’ll want to use

https://postgis.net/docs/en/ST_LineInterpolatePoints.html

Something like below will give you a point every 20 percent along the
linestring

SELECT dp.geom

>From your_table, ST_DumpPoints(ST_LineInterpolatePoints(your_table.geom,
0.2, true)) AS dp