[OSRS-PROJ] Datum transformation from Nanking 1960 Datum to WGS84?

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Thu Jan 22 11:27:35 PST 2004

Eric,

That sort of information is considered a Military Secret within the
People's Republic of China.  Considering who you work for and your
signature block, I'd suggest an inquiry through SCIF channels.  However, I
doubt you'll find anything.  Contact me directly if you want more specific
clues regarding whom to ask.

The May 2000 issue of "Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing" has
my Grids & Datums column on the country; you will notice that there is not
a whole lot available about the "Inscrutible Far East" in the last 50 years
or so.

Clifford J. Mugnier (cjmce at LSU.edu)
Chief of Geodesy and
Associate Director,
CENTER FOR GEOINFORMATICS
Department of Civil Engineering
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-8536
Pager:              1-(888) 365-5180
================================
http://www.ASPRS.org/resources.html
http://www.cee.lsu.edu/facultyStaff/mugnier/index.html

Can anyone help me with this?  I need to know the datum transformation
parameters to go from Nanking1960 to WGS84.  Any help is greatly
appreciated!

Eric C. Zehnbauer
Senior Cartographer
Quality Control Manager